Throwing Hatchet for Boy Scouts - Lightweight Throwing Axe for Ages 13+ - 100% Blacksmith Hand Forged High Carbon Steel
Huge Savings Item! Save 11% on the Throwing Hatchet for Boy Scouts - Lightweight Throwing Axe for Ages 13+ - 100% Blacksmith Hand Forged High Carbon Steel by Thrower Supply at Camping Gear Unlimited. MPN: TM112. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Lightweight throwing hatchet patterned after our award winning competition throwing axe (ASIN B00A2WHL94 - only the cheek is thinner). Balance is
Lightweight throwing hatchet patterned after our award winning competition throwing axe (ASIN B00A2WHL94 - only the cheek is thinner). Balance is just the same and is preferred by many of our experienced customers because it's easier on the arm. We customized this design to fit the needs of boy scouts and teens 13 years or older
* Balanced for throwing - The head weight, handle length, and design are calculated to complete 1 revolution between 5-7 steps from your target. Actual distance depends greatly on your specific throwing style. br>
* High Carbon Steel - We've focused on using EN49 high carbon steel. This type of steel is soft enough to take sharpening while being hard enough to hold and edge without becoming brittle and breaking
*Oil Tempered blade edge - We harden the blade edge so that the edge stays sharp for longer.
* Overall Length - The handle is cut to 19 inches - the ideal length for the general audience based on our testing.
* Blade Edge - Per the rules of hatchet throwing competitions across the world, the general rule is that the blade of your hatchet may not exceed 4 inches. We keep this one at 3.75 inches which provides more than enough surface area to stick to your target consistently.
* American Hickory Handle - Each handle is turned in the USA from premium A grade straight grain American Hickory. Every handle is sanded smooth and caoted in a light wax for secure grip and protection for the wood.
* Overall Weight- Each hatchet is around 1.4 lbs.
* Hand Forged - Our blacksmiths follow a very specific process to develop our designs exclusively for us. You will not find the same hand crafted care and attention to detail at such an affordable price anywhere else on the market. Each hawk head is crafted by hand and features unique hammer marks from the blacksmith. Due to the hand crafted nature of this product, each tomahawk head is unique.
*Note About Sharpening: To keep safety in mind with the sharpness of the blade, the blade edge will not be extremely sharp. A razor sharp blade is not necessary for throwing purposes and may cause safety issues with our younger handlers.
*Note About High Carbon Steel: High carbon steel is super reliable but requires attention. Our heads are coated in oil to prevent rusting.
Features & Highlights
- ✔NEED A THROWING HATCHET THAT WONT HURT YOUR ARM WHEN THROWING? EQUIP YOURSELF WITH THIS LIGHTWEIGHT THROWER- a quarter pound lighter than our standard size hawk (ASIN B00A2WHL94), this hawk is ideal for those who'd like the same benefits of our award winning competitive throwing hawk all packed into 1.35 lbs. (And this hawk still wins throwing events too)
- ✔ 19" COMPETITIVE THROWING AXE IDEAL FOR AGES 13+ -We designed this axe to be more lightweight for our younger throwers. It's popular among our Boy Scouts in their camporees, recreational camps, and scouting activities. It's a great way to get outside and away from the computer and television screens.
- ✔HAND FORGED BY OUR BLACKSMITH ONE BY ONE - YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED! -Each hatchet is forged with high carbon steel BY HAND and the edge has been oil tempered. Our steel is specifically designed to be hard enough hold an edge, and soft enough for sharpening and throwing.
- ✔MAKE SURE TO ASK YOURSELF THIS BEFORE PURCHASING ANY STEEL TOOL FOR THROWING ---Did they use steel soft enough to be able to sharpen and use for throwing? Or is the steel used designed for other activities making it too brittle to handle the impact of throwing (causing a brittle blade to chip, crack or split). We built ours the right way.
- ✔NEED SPARE HANDLES OR A SHEATH? Spare Handles can be found typing in ASIN B00B40GFWM or B00HN25IDC - Sheaths using ASIN - B00K85OENG or B00H85S7UK
|Item Weight:||0.014 pounds|
|Item Size:||2 x 6 x 6 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.35 pounds|
|Package Size:||7 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Thrower Supply, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
mpn: 997805-SSI, ean: 0617407325485,
Extended cutting head. Compact glass-reinforced Nylon handle. Metal butt cap. Tactical Tomahawk and FastHawk combo with extended cutting head and metal butt cap for chopping, hammering and breaching. 3.5-inch, 3Cr13 stainless steel blade mounted to t...
By Ruthe by Picard
mpn: 3012564019, ean: 4016671029345,
The Ruthe 4.1lbs (total weight) long handle axe feathres a finely polished forged head. Its high quality hardend steel edge is ground sharp to help cut through wood quickly and easily. I has a very durable hickory handle as well. The axe head is atta...
mpn: 31-002698, ean: 0731244854585,
Gerber Myth Hatchet (31-002698) This robust-bellied hatchet is enhanced to expertly skin and chop hunting's biggest and best game. The Myth Hatchet's cleverly engineered rubber handle, developed expressly for a grippy but not sticky hold, keeps to it...
By Grand Way
mpn: 2760 U-A, ean: 0653981912307,
The GrandWay 2760 U-A model is a reliable and durable all-metal hatchet forged of one solid piece of high quality stainless steel. This full tang axe combines modern technological design and classic functionality. The entire surface has black oxide f...
By Review Outdoor Gear
mpn: 001-0024, ean: 0769978995083,
This sheath is designed specifically and is tooled exactly for the Gransfors Bruks Splitting Maul. IT WILL ALSO FIT THE Gransfors Bruk Large Splitting Axe. It is made out of full-grain vegetable-tanned cowhide, then stained with a brown stain and tre...
mpn: Drake Off Road Tools, ean: 0813121013916,
Drake off road tools set of 2 camping hatchet/axes features: 4" blade 12" fiberglass handle 14" overall length colors may vary textured rubber handle for non-slip action with perfect contour adds 40% more striking power by design .Drake off road tool...
By Smith & Wesson
mpn: SW671, ean: 0097914448042,
This "extraction tool" is a formidable item. First you will notice the weight. It's heavy at 2 lbs. 11 oz.! The item is made from 3/8" stock and most of it is that thick. The removable handle grips have a slight texture allowing for a secure grip. Th...
By Armory Replicas
mpn: KX2597, ean: 0744633196104,
This axe features a high carbon steel blade with an injected molded kraton polymer diamond textured handle. This axe offers a very thick construction from top to bottom and comes equipped with a high density ABS sheath. Overall 11.25 inchesOverall Le...
mpn: F09N-CP, ean: 0163120864386,
Backpack essential and preparedness tool used for camping, hunting and other outdoor activities. 2.4-inch 420 steel axe blade has a black oxide finish and mounted to a G10 handle. No-slip grip to fit comfortably in your hand. Black sheath is included...
By W K Sales
This medieval fighting axe has a carbon steel blade with a razor sharp edge. The handle is made of solid wood. Also, it has a genuine viking look and feel that looks aggressive and authentic. It's great for close combat LARP or role-playing situation...